Sunday, July 28, 2013

my week (in pictures!)

From catching up with friends from uni to celebrating my birthday, it's been a rather hectic yet eventful week - thus the lack of updates.
I will be heading to Bangkok this coming week so watch this space for updates and the lot :)

Thought I would share a collection of some pictures from this past week and let them do most of the talking.
ps/. I'll be doing a separate post on my birthday (actual day was on Friday, 26/07) which will probably be up by the time this post is up :)

Wednesday
Met up with 2 of my really good friends from university and spent the whole day being tourists in my own country, with the exception of my hot date who had crossed the causeway just to meet up with us (truly honored) ;)

Met up with VA before lunch and went to Antoinette @ Mandarin Gallery for a late 11a.m "breakfast" 
If breakfast came in the form of a slice of heavenly matcha opera cake + iced latte everyday, I would probably wake up in time for it.

Met JY for lunch at one of my favorite places - none other than Fat Cow!
Had the usual - Fat Cow Donburi (wagyu beef + truffle) w/ onsen tamago
This picture definitely speaks a thousand words. Pretty sure it's screaming "eat me! eat me!"


After lunch, we hopped in a cab and headed to Sentosa to begin our journey as tourists for the day.
Our first stop was S.E.A Aquarium. Having the largest underwater aquarium in your country is kind of a big deal.
It's definitely comparable to Underwater World - only just bigger, and without travelators.
Being naive, I was expecting the aquarium to be relatively empty as it was a weekday. But of course, tourists like to roam about on weekdays as well. The place was jam-packed - not being punny, but there was a sea of people.... 


Stingray - up close & personal

Seajelly / jellyfish ?

These 3 are a unique species of underwater creatures.... hahh, only kidding ;)
SL, VA & JY ~ my fellow tourists for the day!

Starfish at the petting area

grumpy fishy

imagine how much he would cost in a restaurant.. yumm

lobster. 
yum.

ugly shark


Finding Dory!
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming"


After checking out the S.E.A Aquarium, we then took the tram to ride the Luge & Skyride. Worked well in helping us burn off the extra calories from lunch.
We only got to ride it once due to time constraints but I definitely want to go back soon!

:P :P

on the skyride!
if you're wondering why I look so awkward, it was because I was trying really hard to grip my shoes as they were threatening to fall into the trees below. that's why.


Ended the day with a cold soba noodles and of course, onsen tamago @ Shin Kushiya, Vivocity.




Saturday
Went to lunch with friends from uni whom again, also had to cross the causeway.
Went to Sun with Moon for lunch and bought some Garrett popcorn before rushing back home for my birthday celebration!

 
Saba & salmon kamameshi + teapot soup (lunch set)


Look out for my birthday post!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment