Friday, July 12, 2013

Burgers x Pasarbella @ The Grandstand

Snapped out of hibernation mode and left the confines of my room's four walls to go to The Grandstand @ Turf City today. Finally paid an obligatory visit to Omakase Burger! (probably the last person to have done so)

A&W Root Beer Float
$5.50 (SGD)


Ordered the Omakase Cheeseburger.
$13.90 (SGD)

It's definitely smaller than your standard burger, but after reading several reviews beforehand, I was expecting it to be smaller than this. Maybe I just wasn't feeling that greedy today, but I actually found the portion quite decent and just right. Any bigger and the poor cows would've sacrificed their lives in vain.
Apparently, some people have proclaimed this the best burger in Singapore.
Was it good? Yes.
Was it really good? Yes.
Could I live without it if let's say, all the cows died and there was no more cheese and bread left, hence causing a burger drought? Yes.
But to be frank, if I said a burger was good, it's probably worth a visit because I'm not even that big of a burger fan.



Truffle fries
$6.90 (regular) / $7.90 (large)

Good, but the star of the meal was still the burger.

**

Went to Pasarbella Farmer's market which was just next door to Omakase burger to have a quick stroll because when we went previously, several of the stalls had already closed.

Poika & Tytar - a children's hairdresser inside Pasarbella. How cute are the chairs! Kids these days are so pampered.. haha. I had the urge to attempt to squeeze into them. Can I be 4 again?






'Rooms of Ease' - probably the hippest restroom sign in Singapore


Paella stall! 
Probably going to make another trip down to Pasarbella soon to try this out!


Crodos @ Da Paolo Gastronomia
$4.90 per piece 
This is Da Paolo's take on the famous cronuts in NYC. It's basically the offspring of a doughnut and a croissant. 
When I went to Pasarbella last Sunday, they had already sold out so I had to try it today. I think it's a case of 'too much of anything can make you sick' - the chocolate was quite rich, and after about 6 bites, I felt like I was on my way to getting a sore throat. My brother really liked his though, so maybe it was just me.
Going to have to try the plain flavored ones the next time!


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment