Sunday, July 28, 2013

Officially 19!! ♡♡

I'm not really a big party person. As long as I get to eat and be slightly more pampered than usual, I don't really care for having a raucous birthday bash.

Had my birthday meal at Hachi Restaurant with my parents on Friday (26th July - the actual day) and went with their Omakase.
Omakase literally translates into "I'll leave it to you". Thus, there is no set menu and every dish is a surprise. 

Don't remember all of the course names as I gave up taking note after the 1st course, but I'm sure the pictures will make up for it.
All pictures are in order of courses.

Ginger seaweed, mountain flower & yam


Sashimi

Chicken and melon

Fresh XL oyster

Tempura

Wagyu beef

Cold soba noodles

Gome (black sesame) ice-cream


In true Samantha fashion, my greediness knows no limits.
After that filling meal, I was adamant that I still had some extra space in my tummy.
You see, my tummy is divided into several different compartments - dessert has one all to itself and was jealous that the proper food compartment was more than stuffed.

Headed to Antoinette @ Mandarin Gallery.
Got their famous strawberry shortcake & iced latte.

Walked around Orchard Road for abit with my parents.
The best present was probably making my mother who usually drives from building to building in town, walk along Orchard Road.

For dinner, my brother joined us but I didn't manage to take any pictures as I was too wrapped up in eating.


My birthday cake!!
Hello kitty salted caramel flavor!!
Felt so bad when I eventually had to mutilate hello kitty :(




Not being narcissistic, but my birthday is definitely my favorite festivity of the year!
Can't believe I'm officially 19!! The last year I get to celebrate my birthday ending with a "teen"!
Only keeping the positives in my life as turning 19 marks the start of a fresh chapter in my life - I'm determined to do 19 proud!!!!

Also, thank you to all who wished me on my birthday!! I wasn't expecting any of it and really appreciate every single one of you!!
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment