Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday funday!

Finally went to the The Grandstand at Turf City, home to the many up and coming eateries - i.e. Pasarbella and Omakase burger. It was my first time here as I can't drive (YET) and as it's slightly off the beaten track for me, its harder to access than most other places..

Had dinner with my family at M.A.D (Modern Asian Dining)
Here are some food pictures to make your tummy growl ;)

iPad menu

Seeing as how this restaurant is part-owned by Dick Lee (he's a famous local singer), I wonder whether this picture is supposed to resemble him in the slightest.. hahah ;)

Mussels!

Truffle fries - Round #01

Truffle fries - Round #02!

My mom's main course - Lamb
I'm not a big fan of lamb so I didn't taste this but apparently this was pretty average..
Also, the portion was surprisingly small for a main course..

Dad's main course - Baby back ribs

Foie gras & wagyu beef claypot rice
Someone tell me this doesn't look like it's from Fat Cow....
Nonetheless, my brother who had this dish as his main seemed to enjoy it! 
At $27, being cheaper than Fat Cow, I guess you can't go wrong!

Wagyu beef w/ onsen tamago (runny egg) claypot rice
My main course!
Again, this reminds me of the wagyu beef bowl I always order whenever I go to Fat Cow..
I just be biased but overall, I prefer Fat Cow's version. This is nearly as good though! 
Again at $27, it is cheaper than Fat Cow so that's a plus.


After dinner, we headed to PasarBella Farmer's Market to take a walk.. I don't know if it was because it was a Sunday or if it was because we got that there later in the evening but most of the stalls were closed.. I was also planning on sampling the food but after the dinner at MAD, I was too full to eat let alone look at more food.. 
Planning to make another trip down to PasarBella soon though so keep an eye out for that in a separate post in the near future ;)

the main entrance

Preach!

Live lobsters at the live seafood section!
Is it weird that I wanted to take one home to keep as a pet..?

Pink fire hosereel's have to be shared with the rest of the world!

.
.

Outfit of the day (OOTD) time!
What I wore out for dinner with my family today.
Kept it rather casual since it was only for dinner.





Blouse : French Connection (FCUK)
Tweed shorts : Topshop ~ I feel like they could pass for being something from Chanel!
Bag : Prada mini (again.... haha it has fast become my go-to bag since getting it)
Ring : YSL arty ring (selling an arty ring on www.instagram.com/luxurazzi btw! go check it out if you're interested)
Earings : Chanel
Bracelet : Tiffany & Co charm bracelet
Shoes : (not pictured) just wore a pair of ballet flats.. nothing too fancy as it was a pretty casual outing..

For makeup I'm not wearing anything on my face except for red lippy. It's from YSL, under the Rouge Pur Couture line in shade #01. In case you guys are wondering about the color, I would say that it is a true red. 
I feel like red lips just amp up the look and makes it look like you at least put in some effort.. haha


(via Instagram)
Follow me on Instagram ~ @fashfoodx (www.instagram.com/fashfoodx) if you haven't already please!



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment