Saturday, July 20, 2013

Celine PHANTOM - Review + What's in my handbag/purse!

The iconic Celine Luggage is everywhere. More often than not, I usually spot at least one person carrying the 'luggage' whenever I venture out to town.
Decided to be more special (and also because at the time Harrods did not stock a luggage..) and show the luggage's cousin some love instead - the Phantom. I'd like to think of it as the "dark horse" of Celine's collection.

I got this beauty probably a little over a year ago at Harrods. When I saw it on display, it was one of those things which I knew I had to get or regret.
So glad I did especially because classic black is so hard to track down nowadays. Plus, we all know that black is the new black :)

There aren't too many reviews about the Phantom so I thought I would do a mini review for those of you who are interested!

Just some points:

1) Weight
This bag is definitely heavier than your standard bag even when empty, probably due to the leather.
As it isn't a shoulder bag and instead, rests on the nook of your arm, it can get uncomfortable throughout the course of the day.
Despite all this, I still think it's worth it!

2) Space
This bag is definitely very roomy, thus balancing out the weight issue!
It has a lot of depth and could definitely be used this as an overnighter (all the essentials, obviously not if you're a heavy-packer).
Despite the space, I tend not to go too overboard when I'm using this bag on the go though as this may add to it's weight.

3) Material
There may be other textures available for this bag but mine is in the smooth leather. With the smooth leather, you've to be cautious as scratches tend to show up more obvious than it probably would on say, caviar/pebbled leather. But of course with any designer bag, you've to be careful anyways if you want to maintain its mint condition.

4) "Wings"
What sets this bag apart from the luggage are its "wings". The "wings" can be folded in/out which adds to the bag's versatility, allowing for different looks depending on how you want to wear it.


 Phantom spreading its "wings" :)

CELINE on CELINE
Mini Celine bag charm!



On top of the mini review, thought I would throw in a 'What's in my handbag/purse' segment as well since I enjoy peeking into other people's handbags as well.
As I mentioned above, I try to prevent myself from loading this bag to the brim due to its weight so these are my main essentials. Of course if I were using a lighter handbag, I would probably go to town on fitting my whole life in there.

 Top-secret contents.. for your eyes only ;)

1) Iphone 5
I bring this with me everywhere I go. Seeing as how this is my UK phone and does not work in Singapore, I carry it around solely for its camera function! While people lug around ginormous DSLR's, I'm content with my trusty iphone 5.
Best part of the phone is my case though. 
It's a phone case.... It's hello kitty.... It's bedazzled.... It's shiny.... But wait, there's more.. *suspense* It's a MIRROR! The hello kitty face actually opens up to be a mirror.
Whenever I'm in lectures and take my phone out/open up the mirror, I'm pretty sure most people judge me. HAHA

I also take my iphone 4 which serves as my Singapore phone although I didn't take a picture as its uglier compared to my iphone 5 so didn't see the point.. hahah.


2) Chanel WOC (wallet on chain)
This is not my regular wallet as I do switch from time to time. But for now, this is the house for my $$$$.



3) MIU MIU Cardholder
This is just extra storage for the cards I don't keep in my wallet.
Really comes in handy in organizing my cards.



4) Laura Mercier hand-cream in fresh fig
One of my favorite hand-creams! Proof: This is my 4th tube since I got introduced to it last year.
Love that its quite compact so it can fit perfectly into almost any bag, big or small.
Don't know if the Laura Mercier in Singapore carries this as I haven't checked but I get mine from the UK so if they don't stock it here, you can get it there or order it online :)



5) Fujifilm polaroid camera
Don't know whether the polaroid craze has spread to other countries yet but its definitely prevalent in Singapore! 
If you're from Singapore and you haven't heard of polaroids before this, feel very ashamed!
I love the cute film you can use to print your pictures on. This is almost always with me whenever I go out with other people so we can take a picture and it gets printed out instantly :)



6) Sunglasses by Sting Eyewear
I usually carry a pair of sunglasses around with me, especially with the relentless Singapore sun. Plus I think a pair of nice shades makes a great accessory!
This pair is by Sting Eyewear - pretty sure the Sting in this brand is Sting, the famous singer?




Hope my mini review of the Celine Phantom was helpful and you enjoyed taking a glimpse at the contents of my handbag/purse!



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment